Hundreds of new cloud services and edge applications can run on this new 5G digital backbone. In transportation, real-time communication helps improve safety and traffic flow for vehicles. Healthcare providers can monitor patients by remote, use AI to make accurate diagnoses, and help hospitals run more smoothly. Manufacturers can use 5G networks to run high-efficiency smart factories while retailers can create seamless experiences for customers.
While promising ultra-high speeds, low latency, and greater reliability, 5G revolution is but part of the story as there’s also an evolution in existing technologies with new generations of fiber, cable, Wi-Fi, and short-range technologies.
Open from Cloud to Edge
As most of you are aware, with the upcoming of the 5G era, our industry is quickly expanding from Public and Private Cloud to Central Office (CO), and to Edge at Radio Access Network (RAN). The availability of edge computing offers lots of previously unavailable applications such as real-time artificial intelligence and others.
The edge computing can dramatically improve user experience through cases like virtual reality games by decreasing its latency. These cases, however, show that Cloud and Edge infrastructure must adapt and evolve according to the demand of these applications.
Some of the Central Office requirements may apply to edge applications as well, hence, the overlap in the central office and the edge solutions we are offering. Offering the same solutions for Central Office and Edge simplifies the product SKUs and reduces the CAP and OP expenses.
AI / Edge Products for 5G Fueled Applications
Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) is a network solution that provides services and computing functions closer to users to minimize latency and maximize efficiency.
It delivers ultra-responsive service experiences by rapidly processing content at the edge of the network.
Physical and Environmental Restrictions
- Service networks distributed to different physical sites locations including both remote and centralized sites to various degrees, form physical challenges such as space, power consumption, and harsh environments to service providers in deploying optimized solution to edge sites or closer to where data is generated.
Diversity of Various 5G Applications
- Service providers require systems with flexible configurations for various applications requirements and dynamic traffic patterns to fit the use cases of AR/VR, IOT, and autonomous vehicles alike simultaneously while not being restrained by proprietary solutions dominated by limited solution providers.
By utilizing disaggregated hardware and software with SDN and NFV to meet service providers’ needs for diverse applications and deployment environments, Wiwynn provides MEC solutions based on short chassis design with I/O configuration flexibility and modularity to solve the challenges of 5G and Edge.
Deploy MEC Host at The Edge of Cellular Network
Technical standards for MEC are developed by ETSI, which also defined the components and functional elements of MEC host. The MEC hosting infrastructure consists of hardware resources and a virtualization layer. The MEC platform provides the capabilities for hosting applications and consists of the application’s virtualization manager and application platform services.
Deployment Scenarios of MEC Servers
ETSI depicted some deployment scenarios of MEC that enables cloud computing capabilities and an IT service environment at the edge of the cellular network and, more in general at the edge of any network. To run MEC applications to perform processing tasks closer to the customers can have efficient utilization of the radio and the network resources. MEC also enables flexible and rapid deployment of innovative applications and services towards mobile subscribers, enterprises and vertical segments.
EP100 / EP120
The Best All-in-one Platform for 5G CU/DU/5GC/MEC and Private 5G Environment
- 3U Short-Depth Chassis and Front Service for Edge Computing Environment
- ONF Aether Project
- Flexible Sled Design for Various Sled Options
- Pooled Power Supply for Energy Efficiency
- OpenRMC Based System Management
The Tailored-made MEC Server with Flexible Configurations for Various Edge Applications
- Short Chassis for Edge Deploy Environment
- Pervasive Performance with Built-in AI Acceleration
- Flexible Configuration for Various Edge Computing including AI Workloads
- Compliance with NEBS-3 for Challenging Harsh Conditions
- Hot-swappable PSU & FAN and Front I/O for Easy Services
High density 1U2Node server with versatile system configurations for compute intensive workloads
- Optimized System Architecture for Compute Intensive Workloads
- Enhanced Memory and Optimized Thermal Solution
- Painless Upgrade for AI Inference
- Versatile System Configurations with Universal Enclosure
- Better TCO from Modularized System and Common Parts
- Front Access Design to Simplify Maintenance